Peace and Joy.

Teaching at 6 am is tough! I went to bed later than  normal last night and I woke up at 4:30….so I'm beat. There were only 4 people in the class (I was subbing for someone I don't know)…..and it was nice. Its easy and natural feeling to teach a gentle awakening type class at that time of day ~ but you also have a lot of leeway to have a more invigorating class as it can also be a time to get you going for your day. Following that I came home and got everyone fed and dressed and out the door. "water day" and 3 lunches and my yoga and gym stuff and blah blah blah made getting out the door a challenge.

I met Merin at Market St Grill at 9:30 and we didnt leave till 12, when I had to rush back to the Y to teach again. It was a great group today ~ the director, who took my class two weeks ago was back today, and paid me a compliment that thrilled me. She's going to be a regular in my class each week! I felt so grateful to hear that she had so enjoyed the class.

After that I worked out ~ 40 minutes on the stairs while I read, then worked with the bosu ball for about 15 minutes ~ the 12 lb medicine ball and all sorts of squats, lunges, jump ups and one legged do dads with ball raises, finishing with push ups (bosu upside down, using the handles on the underside). Short and sweet and then a crazed run around couple of hours of cooking and getting the kids ready for Julias graduation. My parents met us there and I was (of course) emotional. She was so proud and cute up there on stage. This year at Kesher has been so great for her ~ its such a nurturing and creative space…..her teachers have been incredible about recognizing who Jules is,  and then drawing out all the best in her. To celebrate we hit up Ritas for some gelatti's afterwards, and now I'm falling asleep sitting up here in my bed. I have a lot of subbing coming up this month and I'm really looking forward to it. We are supposed to be playing in a competitive match on Saturday for the couples mixed hustler, a season long bracket tournament of head to head couples match play. We play our first round on Saturday, assuming we can fird a sitter…so far 3 no goes.

Tomorrow I'm thinking yoga and maybe a short run with a friend at the park after a picnic lunch. I haven't been to the tuesday morning vinyasa class in a while and I've been missing it. Back to the swim team routine and a nice quiet week till the birthday celebrating begins on Friday at Alba with the Carrs and Bickharts. I can't wait to celebrate with two of my very best friends.

Meditation went well this morning. Because I'm still half asleep, though upright and sitting in the sunroom downstairs in the big leather chair…..my mind is easier to clear. I did order a new Amazonite Mala and I can't wait to receive it. Thanks Etsy. I have a lot of goals for this summer, and anything that I can personally do to help myself actualize them is going to happen. Merin and I  are talking about attending this workshop at Kripalu in August https://www.kripalu.org/presenter/V0000148/gary_kraftsow. After dealing with chronic pain and seeing the healing benefits of yoga I would be interested in learning more about helping others heal through yoga. I'm also beginning to look into 500 hour RYT training programs. Most programs require 100 hours of teaching experience first, which I should have early this fall (hours taught before I actually registered with YA do not count), so while I have plenty of time, its a fun reality to begin considering.

After seeing my sweet, smart, loving and sharp as a tack little girl graduate my gratitude journal will be overflowing tonight. I shared time with a friend, taught twice, ate fresh and healthy food, meditated, exercised, and spent time with my family. Didn't drink enough water, however. and am feeling it. Why do I suck so hard at something so simple? Drink.Water.

Peace and joy.

Comments

  1. Congratulations to Jules! Glad to hear she had such a great year. Love great educators.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts