Broad St Eve.

 I bagged yoga as what I really wanted was to spend some time with my kids outside at the park. They managed over three miles on the bike trail while I walked Jake in the stroller! I was so proud of them and they had a blast, this is going to become a regular summer evening activity. 


After several try ons I came to rest on tomorrows race outfit. My favorite el cheapo champion skort with an inseam so short that it is essentially just a liner (meaning running commando is the preferred method), and a new Brooks shirt that I got today that has a built in bra. One less thing to wear, all the better. The headpiece is a new one from the Hippie people ~ Bright yellow with black honeybees......and since Melissa means honeybee I felt it was perfect. A change of clothes for brunch, coffee all set up for the morning, the kids clothes and meals all set up for Brooke, and I'm off to bed in about an hour. Dee is picking me up a few minutes before 6, we will meet Jenny, Jeannie and Tim at Jeannies, and all go downtown together. Subway it to the start, spend an hour in the bathroom line, and get off somewhere around 8:30. I'm in the purple corral, though no one knows what that means, numbers are a lot easier IMO. I ate way too much today (And FYI, gluten free pasta is not the atrocity I was expecting, in fact,  I liked the eleventy pounds of it that I ate tonight.) I'm not nervous, just excited, unlike last year where I was a nervous wreck. The weather looks good, about 70 as a high, so it will be chilly at the start. The Garmin and the iPod are charged up............and its almost race time!

I added a few new songs to the iPod, ones that reminded me of Nate to keep me going when I get sad about him not being there with the kids. He sent me beautiful flowers today, and I love knowing that he is thinking of me from Budapest. He will be my very first text when the race is over :)

Comments

  1. So late posting this, trying to catch up on my reading, but wanted to say you look great in the pic! Love the bright colors :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts