Vacating.

Getting outta dodge. The kids bikes are strapped on the big rig (a first), and its off to the beach we go. Nate is safely home from Florida, we kicked off vacation with a great family night out last night at Iron Hill, I glazed all of my pottery, the car is packed, and I'm just waiting for the kids to wake up to get on the road.

While I left my suitcase unchanged, the prognosis is NOT good for that long leisurely 15 mile run I had planned. I did take out the hydration belt and replace it with the foam roller :(. I'm hurt. Like, limping hurt. So. We will deal with that in its proper time in place.

Till then, I can't wait to eat great meals, spend all day on the beach (this is the first year we will skip napping Luke and Jules and Jake will nap in the stroller on the beach!!! Big year!!!), walk to Uncle Charlie's for ice cream, shop, miniature golf, catch up with old friends on the beach, build sandcastles, wake up to seagulls, catch the parade, watch the Phillies, take long walks, family bike rides (this year with the bigs on their own bikes and Jake in the bike seat!), and just enjoy every luscious moment of sunny sandy beach family time. This is a Memorial Day routine that is as old as I am, to me, and one that is like a favorite pair of jeans. This is my childhood, being relived in my children, and one that I cling to with joy.

I'm umplugging and not bringing the computer, so I hope that you all have a beautiful Memorial Day, and Karly, may your ankle be strong and as painless as possible and I hope you and Jordan catch an AWESOME race, I will be thinking of you two strong awesome ladies as you run.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect holiday. Sucks about the injury, but hopefully the rest helps and all the fun is a good diversion. I didn't get my sub 2 (not even a remote possibility with my tendonitis), but got a nice and surprising PR (2:04). Was a beautiful morning and my most enjoyable race by far. Even with the injury and fatigue from not having a good mileage base, I think I was smiling the whole time. :) Jordan did awesome and barely missed sub 2. She got hit with some asthma issues because of our high humidity (as opposed to UT's dry air).

    I finally got a Garmin I love, btw. Helped so much today to be able to look down when things felt hard and realize it should feel hard because I was running a lot faster than my recent paces. The real-time data rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'm thrilled to read this my friend :) Loved the picture of the two of you ~ I didn't check my phone all weekend but to post on Jakes birthday and to check in on your race :) Nothing better than a race with a smile on your face from point to point. Very happy for you guys, and I want in on the next race!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts