A confession.


I have a confession to make. I hate the treadmill, I really hate it. I was physically painful for me to take Jake into kids zone this morning and strap myself on to a treadmill. It was misty and rainy a perfect temp for running. My body longed to strap on my watch and just get lost outside somewhere in my own thoughts. My plans for shopping with a friend got cancelled this morning and I admit that though I had been excited to see her (and to shop!) I was more excited to get a run in. 

I've noticed how many people say that they "would love" to do xyz when it comes to running or taking up a new sport.......but don't take the first step towards doing it. It may be uncomfortable, it may be hard, you may stink at first, but if you don't try, you are simply lying to yourself, and to everyone around you. It may even make you do things that are uncomfortable to you in order to succeed. The treadmill is uncomfortable to me, but with Nates extended absences, if I want to be a good runner, I have had to learn to like it, or at least to be grateful to it as an option that I have when I have three kids to care for solo. 

Todays run was nice, I got in an easy 7, then took advantage of some errand running time. The kids are all taking extended naps on this rainy day (I took a 90 minute one myself!) and we are off to dinner at a friends. Not having to cook is a godsend in weeks like this, so thank you to all of the people helping me out. One more run tomorrow and then we are off to the Burg for the weekend and Sundays race. Admit to being a little intimidated after reading some course reviews, but I get the feeling that some people on my team are not hard core athletes, so I'm not too worried about keeping up with our group. That takes a lot of pressure off, and just allows it to be a fun way to keep my mind off of being without my husband on Mothers day. I'm calling it my Tough MOTHER :)

Comments

  1. Love how you own that treadmill despite your dislike. Have a great Mother's Day and show that race course who is the tough mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the "Tough Mother." Go get it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts