Brothers and best buds. All set for the wedding on Friday. 
 Jake in goal at soccer tonight. He had the only goal for his team tonight. To say that this kid loves soccer is an understatement. He's the youngest kid on his team by a year, but you wouldn't know it to see him out there. 

It was a great day. I heard really positive feedback from Sue from her Tuesday night group re: my class last week. This thrilled me as Sue tells it like it is (sometimes painfully) and I know I could count on her to give it to me straight, so to hear that they loved the class meant a lot to me. It will be fun getting a paycheck from the very place that I began my teacher training program a year ago this month! With that under my belt and positive feedback from students I am now cleared to sub for Sue anytime, which is exciting. 

Speaking of exciting, I finally decided where I wanted to volunteer free yoga, and after reaching out to them last week, a few back and forth phone calls, we have decided to move forward with a monthly free yoga class! More details to come once its 100% finalized, but the class will be held at their site. It will be a gentle yoga class, suitable for beginners, and will be all women. I will bring the mats (a trip to 5 below is in my future) and will have 75 minutes for the classes. I know that all of that craziness with getting hired at the Y was such a pain~ multiple kinds of background checks and fingerprinting and drug testing….but its actually quite nice to now have a resume which includes all of the results of all of that ~ I can simply submit it to other organizations and it makes a lot of doors open. It costs about $300 to have all of that screening done, and to have legal proof of all of it having been done within the past year is a huge plus.

I spent a leisurely hour walking around the bookstore today. I wanted to surprise the kids with new chapter books for the ride to the beach, get a new family read (I've been promising them The BFG, a favorite, and it isn't on kindle). Each of the bigs got their own book, and I got a book that I already cannot put down. Its called Far From the Tree  and I'm completely fascinated from the get go. Its a recommended read and I haven't even gotten through the first 100 pages. The kids are packed and now I just need to figure out what I'm wearing to the wedding. Weddings this time of year are hard ~ especially beach weddings. Its fall….kind of? This isn't a super dressy wedding, but then again the kids are going to be totally decked out, so do I dress up to match them? I guess I have to go upstairs and figure that out. My neck and shoulders are killing me, so I'm planning a date with a little pre bed yoga and the foam roller. I'm picking the kids up at 1 from school and heading down to the beach solo and Nate will join us just in time for the rehearsal dinner. If I can manage to get myself packed up tonight I have very little to do tomorrow besides load up some food and the car and make sure I remember each bit of veryimportantweddingclothes for the kids. There seem to be a lot of bits. That means that I would have plenty of time to get in a yoga class….except that I was asked to sub it and turned it down (she asked me first thing this morning and I had no idea how much I would get done today, so I didn't want to commit to it). Needless to say, showing up to it would be a little awkward. That also means that if I show up to the gym I have to make sure I don't run into her? I thought about planning a run with Tiffany, but then remembered that I sold my BOB a month ago and Jake has off tomorrow. Shit! So its either skulk around the gym (you KNOW I will run into her and be super awkward turtle) or  get a friend to guest pass me into ACAC.

I actually printed out a copy of this to think on. There are so many little gems buried within this list of 40.


  1. There’s a big difference between being busy and being productive. – Don’t confuse motion and progress.  A rocking horse keeps moving but never makes any forward progress.


I just love the imagery of the rocking horse. Some people seem to have bought in to the lie which tells us we are more valuable the more we can complain about how tragically busy we are………and really, its nice to just admit that yes, having free time is wonderful. That uncomplicating life is okay. That saying no to things is good, sometimes. That maybe, just maybe, if you really are so freakishly busy that you don't have time to sit down and read or sit down and simply be for a few minutes……maybe you should reevaluate your own planning or priorities? Perhaps you are playing the role of the rocking horse?

This song has been stuck in my head all day. Because its true. Its all good. I havent wanted to mention it (because then it is true!) but the lump hasn't changed. We go back to CHOP next Thursday morning. Any lump be gone energy or love would be much appreciated. 




Comments

Popular Posts