Time for a re-up.

Is anyone else's hair growing (and shedding) like crazy right now? Mine is too long, too blond (artificially and then add in sun/pool/ocean)…..and its shedding like mad. With the length of it, that makes for some impressive, and maddening shed. I just made an appointment to darken it and shorten it. I'm lucky to not yet have found any grey hairs in there…..but I'm ready for a more wintry and natural color. I don't think that I'm ready to go short, I love the ease of long hair, I just wash it and let it air dry, and usually have it in a braid or ponytail, but I may throw in another layer or two to take some of the weight out of it, its HEAVY, this hair of mine. Anyone seen any cute long hair cuts/styles lately that I should know about before Tuesday? Open to suggestions as I'm not very creative, obviously.

This morning was the first day that I had to throw on a sweatshirt as I headed out early for the Girish class. I don't know if anyone likes his music, but he is one of my favorites to throw into a playlist for my classes. The class this morning was AMAZING. I had never been to Focus Fitness before. It was very main line~ a barre, pilates, yoga and spin studio with several locations dotting various bastions of main line lore. Todays class was in Bryn Mawr. It was a 90 minute class with Girish performing live……..a huge studio with soaring ceilings, low light, heat, lots of candles, beautiful decor, and lots of obviously dedicated yoga students. Many were teachers that I recognized. The teacher, Alison, was the studio owner. She is leading a workshop at this years Namas Day, which I am attending in October. She has a different approach ~ very hands on (very touchy ~ sacrum massage with very strong eucalyptus infused gel…also hitting up my shoulders and neck……..I was a bit astounded to finding this woman rubbing my exposed (exposed by her lifting up my shirt and pushing down my pants!!!) lower back and basically by upper butt while I was in downward dog…..I could see it being quite triggering to some people). Anyway….the class was great. The three Om's at the beginning sounded like a prayer ~ so beautiful and immediately set the tone for what was a truly heart opening and very spiritual practice (for me, anyway). I felt intensely connected to the yogi's around me, and just felt completely grounded while simultaneously uplifted. I was in the center of the room, with Jyoti on my left and Girish right in front of us ~ he was playing the guitar and the harmonium and the acoustics in the room were just amazing. His voice was mesmerizing and the class set the tone for my entire day. My intention has been with me since the moment I set it. Walking out into the sunshine and cool breeze I had a grin on my face that hasn't left me. I stopped for more mums, got an amazing deep tissue massage, and plan to spend the next few hours planting. Nate gets in from DC and I think that we are going to hit the golf course with the kids before a nice dinner out. I had been signed up to play in the ladies day tournament on Tuesday but had to cancel as we had been able to get Jake into CHOP, so its been a while since I've swung a club! The weekend is then eaten up with soccer and teaching. I was supposed to lead a teacher training on prenatal massage, but due to a room conflict its been moved to October, so I may try to attend the Kirtan with Girish on Sunday afternoon. While it is still distinctly late summer, suddenly the air has that different hint to it, promising that change is imminent. The first batch of squash soup and zucchini bread was made this past week, and I notice my shopping changing, brussel sprouts are in my fridge for the first time in many months.

I can't believe that a week from now I will be tucking boys into suits and Julia into her flower girl dress and preparing us all for Brooke's big walk down the aisle. We rented a house and while its going to be a bit chaotic as we have to pull the kids out of school and head down to the shore on a Thurdsday for the rehearsal dinner, it should be a wonderful time and surely a memory that the kids will never forget. I don't know that they will have the opportunity to be in any other weddings so it is going to be an experience that we will treasure.

Have you ever practiced to live music before?


Comments

Popular Posts