Today, backwards.


My first go with the spirulizer! Made a pasta with about 4 huge garden tomatoes, finely diced. 2 lbs of chicken sausage, fresh spinach, 6 cloves of garlic, diced, a huge handful of fresh basil, chopped, maybe a lb of spinach. Sautee the garlic (I used a sage and mushroom olive oil), then lightly brown the sausage, throw in the spinach, then finish with salt, pepper and basil. I made this ahead of time as I had to pick up my teams uniforms, then I sautéed the "noodles" in olive oil salt and pepper for about 2 minutes, tossing continually. Add crushed pepper flakes and locatelli cheese. So delicious. You don't miss the pasta at all! 


I saw this posted on Facebook today and it really impressed me. Very true. Too many places where I have room to improve! You? 





Workout at the Y. I had to turn around as I had turned into ACAC! Doh! Not a member anymore! This area overlooks the indoor pool, so its very humid~ having just come in from doing cardio it makes for a very sweaty workout. Step up crunches, weighted squats, planks and weighted single leg dips, then russian twists and whatever kind of ab sortov crunches I was doing while I read.

My sweet bigs, off to the big yellow bus.


All of us!


Lunches. I love the new containers I picked up for this year. I don't like single container bentos, as the fruit juice tends to seep into the sandwiches. Small containers keep everything neat and tidy.







The kids chosen back to school breakfast, whole grain waffles with maple syrup, bananas and strawberries. They get to choose, either OJ with breakfast and water for lunch, or water with breakfast and a juice with lunch.


Back to school they went! My first year without tears! I greeted them at 4 with cupcakes from Carlinos. Jake was sad seeing his best buds leave him this morning :( He starts on Friday. For me? A great workout, shopping (back to school stuff~ the girl kid seems to have a ton of stuff, the boys, nothing/ all holes and stains and outgrowing. Dresses are so growable, especially when I buy a year or two ahead), an eye dr appointment, and a big back to school dinner.

Everyone came home super happy and very talkative about day 1. Life is good.

Comments

  1. Happy first day of school! That meal sounds so delicious. We also have those lunch boxes. Are the containers from PB as well? How easy are they to open/close? I may need to give them a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are! Last year I used ones that I had gotten from Amazon and they were all right, I still have them, but they were the ones that leaked the juice. Great with fruits like grapes or raisins….not so much with cantaloupe or watermelon. I still have them as backups. I really like how easy to open the PB ones are as well as how well sealed they are and how easy to close. Last years mine were a more porous plastic and didnt wash as easily, I like the feel of these a lot more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Ohly grips is that if you have the structured lunch box (metalish interior) these don't fit easily. Its bizarre. Luke has the soft sided one and they fit fine, but Julia had the silver lined interior and I have to stuff the crap out of the things to get them all in. So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the reverse order of your day. Clever blog post.. I also like the school lunch containers. Much better than a brown paper bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dolly, I did it that way by accident as for some reason when I try to use the blogger ap it uploads my photos in reverse order…..as I just found the blogger ap (so slow, I am) I'm not used to it. Yes, its funny but my Mom was way ahead of the curve on brown paper bags (I had a strawberry shortcake and then wonder woman lunch box as a kid) so reusable lunch box stuff is second nature to me. There are a ton of great products out there. Today I used thermoses to pack them the "pasta" from last night, so easy! One more reason that I have to cook huge meals. It gets hard for the youngest as he goes to school where they practice kosher rules so I have to pack him vegetarian meals so it forces me to be very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts