And the 8 ball rolled.........

7.5 hilly miles in the lovely sunshine (and too much wind) with Tiffany. I was all set to go to the gym to get the kids out of Nate's hair as he had hired some help to do yard work all morning......when I got sent on a mulch run, decided that it was much too nice of a day to be in a gym, and remembered how much planting of my own I had to do. Threw on jeans and got to work. We spread 85 bags of mulch and I got 4 containers planted. The house looks like a new joint, one that people actually care about.

I called Tiff this morning (she is also hosting Easter) and asked her if a run was a possibility. We met at 2:30, rambled through a lovely and hilly and windy and sunshiney run where I didn't think about place cards or lamb marinade or mopping my floor even once.

The Menu? Appetizers are basket cheese served with fig jam, a blood orange olive oil, and a balsamic creme with thin baguette slices, deviled eggs, and fried zucchini dippers.

Dinner includes: A spiral ham, a grilled butterflied leg of lamb, pineapple casserole, roasted potatoes, baked mac and cheese, an asparagus Gruyere tart, a mandarin orange salad, steamed asparagus and homemade rolls.

The kids made the place cards themselves, I can't believe how big they are getting.

Dessert? Fiadone, coconut cream pie, a bunny cake from the neighbors, and whatever my sister in law brings.

I think enough. The Masters, of course, will be the icing on the cake. Go Phil.

An Egg hunt is planned. The real burning question is, will I sneak a run in in the morning? It won't be early, as the neighbors are coming up tonight to talk while I cook, so the late night will ensure that there is no Easter sunrise run for me. Perhaps I might sneak something in around 11, but I doubt it. I think that tomorrow will be a day of rest, hopefully no STRESS, and enjoyment as we have both of our families around our table. My boys are wearing ties for the first time and I can't wait to see them all dressed up :).

Happy Easter, yo. We aren't really religious, but we sure do love the food and the opportunity to celebrate with family!

Comments

  1. Can I come to your house next Easter? Sounds so yummy. Hope you did rest today and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts