Losing my Om due to Marathon delays.


Great flow class with inversions today with Janice. Doing a handstand is incredibly liberating. Nothing matters but your breath and your focus. Was feeling great when I walked out. 

Got home from picking up the kids at school and was all excited to watch the Opening Day Kickoff for the NYC Marathon live streaming at 12. They were supposed to be announcing the lottery winners at 12:35......but there was some snafu with charging the cards and they still aren't up. I've hit refresh like 30 times. Not that I'm impatient or anything :)

I know my odds are slim, but after entering my name in January, I just want to KNOW already! After watching more marathon footage I am getting more and more certain that I want to run NYC instead of something smaller ~ a chance to run the streets of all 5 boroughs with 2.5 million NY'ers cheering me on just seems like too much to pass up on over fundraising fears. I know I can come up with it.

We are off to dinner at my parents tonight once the kids wake up. I'm hoping that they can help me make my decision, if, in fact I didn't get in. 

First run in almost a week tomorrow morning. Meeting Tiffany at 7 over at HM for a nice 7-9 miles. I may get in a short run on friday, and that will be it before the race on Sunday. Very low mileage week. Tapering down to Broad St soon! Can't believe how quickly May is approaching. 


ETA: I got notification this afternoon that I did not get in via the lottery. Though I knew my chances were really slim, I'm bummed. Now I have a lot of decisions to make. Tiffany isn't really interested in fundraising, and she is my training partner. I am, but want to train for the same race as my training partner. She is leaning more towards Steamtown or Philly, and I am leaning more towards fundraising, but then again....I want a training partner to work towards a common goal with. Ughhhhhhhhhh. 

Comments

  1. I would be in traction if I tried the pose in that picture! lol. As for a handstand, oh my.. haven't done one of those since I was a kid. I admire your ability to do all those yoga moves. I get "some" yoga moves in when I do the IronStrength workout, but I know I need to do more. Me and the floor don't usually get along too well, though, so I tend to want to avoid it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the decisions, Melis. Sounds like a tough call. Is the timing way off between the other races and the NYCM? If you could find races that were similar in timing, maybe you would have enough wiggle room to train together and run your separate races.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karly Steamtown is Oct 4th, which would be kindov nice as I could start actually training sooner and I feel like it brings down the risk of injury just slightly. Its up in Scranton, which isn't far from Nates family, so I would have all of his family as support for sure, and maybe mine would make the ride as well. Philly is in Nov, 2 weeks later than NY. Again, local support would be cool, but it is SO similar to Broad St and then the Philly 1/2 (which I'm doing in Sept) that I feel bored with the course, already, and I've never run it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts