Back to balance.


I'm out of balance.

I've had too many late nights, too much stress, and too frantic of a pace of late. It took a small fender bender yesterday and a racing heart as I tore around town doing 1000 things to open my eyes to the reality of the situation. From Nates decision to job hunt (mid December) till now, I feel like life has been being lived in fast forward, with copious stress and too little meditation.

I'm dropping all of the HIIT and Tabata and boxing and body bar and whatnot.....and paring down to just yoga and running. I need to run about 40 miles/week right now, and do yoga 4-5 times a week. Its just necessary, at this point, to get me refocused to where I want to be emotionally and physically.

Had a wonderful class today with Chris. 75 minutes of lengthening bliss. My kids are napping and I'm laying low for a bit as I get a plan in place. The coming week is another busy one, and Nates 10 day international trip is coming up (along with several long races) and I really need to get grounded a bit before all of those undertakings. Need to pare back the social schedule a bit, and focus on the activities which relieve my stress like yoga and running. Need to get in bed earlier.

What do you do when you feel out of balance?

I find out tomorrow if I got into the NYC Marathon through the lottery. My odds are not good (only 10% or so) so wish me luck. If I don't get in I have a decision to make ~ fundraise (I would have to solicit about $2,700 in donations) or pick a different marathon (Steamtown in Oct?). Big decisions either way. Advice/input?

Comments

  1. Thinking of you. When I get out of balance, I get anxious and my poor husband has to talk me off the ledge. Luckily, it doesn't last long for me, but I also don't have a schedule anywhere as hectic or logistically challenging as you do. Yoga and running sound like a fantastic plan. Do you have a plan in place to run while Nate is away?

    Thinking good lottery thoughts for you. If you decide not to go the fundraising route, I think the MCM would be a great one to try for as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get anxious too. In fact, anxiety pretty much defines me right now, between the travel and the kids and the house and entertaining and alllllllllllll of it. Its like working out or socializing is my only real break, and both of those wear me out on some level!

    The 11 days that Nate is away will be weird as I will be running, then recovering from Broad St while I simultaneously taper for that 11 mile tough mudder......so honestly I probably won't run but one or two shorties. It is sad, as I want them to be at both runs, and will miss Nate, but mileage wise it actually works out well. MCM sold out first day, it is sucky that as they are the same Month, you pretty much have to choose one or the other. Although, that makes me wonder if the MCM has fundraising/entry options that may be less fearsome? Without co workers or Nate's co workers (with the new job and all) I admit to feeling intimidated at the thought of raising $3000 from my friends or family. It seems like so much money. At the same time, if I may only run one marathon, I want it to be the best. Ah, decisions, decisions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that the TM race was an 11 miler! You really do go big. :) I knew MCM sold out, but had forgotten the registration window for that one. I hope you find a race that speaks to you. It would be nice to enjoy NYCM without the pressure of fundraising, but it's for a good cause and you could stretch all your top notch sales muscles to help a charity. Not a bad option. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts