A hard run.

I felt a little bit like this today.

No, not like I was running carefree and biking clad along a sandy beach in Mexico...but as though I was slogging along underwater.

It was a bizarre night, Nate got in late from Boston (11 ish?) so I waited up for him after pottery .....but he was up to study at 3 and left for school at 6, Jules was up at 1 with a stomach ache, and from 1 on I anxiously tossed and turned. I got no sleep, was overdressed on our run as the foggy morning cleared into a brilliantly sunshiney and hot day, and was pushing Jake through a hilly 7 with Tiffany. It was, by far, my hardest run of the week. I tried to make a massage appointment for tomorrow but struck out.

I got in a brief nap and am now looking forward to the kids first T-Ball game of the season tonight. Although Nate is at school, Matt and Jackson and Carter are coming, then Melissa is meeting us all at our house for some pizza and ice cream sandwiches. The kids are looking forward to it and so am I. Have I mentioned that this whole school thing oftentimes feels like a death march? The brief minutes I got to see my husband last night were like an island of calm in a breathless week. Tomorrow, either yoga or rest. My legs need it. Sundays forecast is lousy and we are going to have a late night out at the Carr's on Saturday, but I want to get at least 5 or 6 in.

I hope everyone had a more restful night than I did, and is coasting smoothly into your weekend. I've never ever felt more grateful to my kids for being good nappers than I do today. I need this break terribly.

Comments

  1. You are such a warrior. Good for you, pushing through. I am going to use it as motivation as I run in the rain later today. I am tired too and dreading the soggy miles because it was so gorgeous this morning. I so wish I had nappers, but am going to settle for early bedtimes for all. Happy weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts