Of rain, and rest.


I should have known how today was going to go as soon as I woke up. Last nights awesome thunderstorm was replaced with a softly falling rain.....and my kids slept so late that we actually got out of bed at 9 AM. That has to be a late morning record since starting a family. It was awesome.

We headed out to a very late family breakfast at Penn's Table, and thats when I realized that the Flyers game was at 12, not at 3. Which meant a game watched with the kids for the first period, and in total wonderful silence after they went up for naps. On a 44 degree pouring rain sort of day, I had the perfect excuse.

It was either a lonely music free run in the cold rain and missing the game.....or laying with my husband in front of the fire while watching my Flyers win.

I jumped at laziness without a second thought. A lower mileage week, but a new long run distance and a lot of fun with friends, and having survived Nate's full week away, it was a good week. I feel drugged with leisure, this is my idea of a wonderful day. I'm trying to come up with the easiest possible dinner menu possible for bookclub, which I'm hosting, tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be another day off, as I have a billion things to do. Honestly I think that my body and my mind need a full two day rest........I think that I need to enjoy Nate being home, enjoy my time with my friends, and enjoy the fresh legs I will run with on Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe I'll do 16 :).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts