A Friday Jaunt

I love this picture. Now THIS is what some healthy, fit legs are all about!

My conundrum about what to do this morning was solved when I got a text from Jeannie last night asking if I wanted to run in the morning. It finally warmed back up a little, so we met at 9:30 at EG park with the boys while my bigs were at preschool. Jeannie had to peel off at 7 to get to a lunch meeting, but as Jake was sleeping and I had time to kill before picking up the kids, I carried on for another 3.5. The WIND was again a factor today ~ and I know I have moaned on endlessly about the difficulty of pushing a heavy baby in a heavy stroller uphill in the wind, but let me again reiterate: that sucks.

It's a beautiful day ~ I'm sitting on the deck relaxing while I wait for the kids to wake up and go to the park. We have friends in town from CO ~ Laura has an art show at a local gallery so we are taking that in tonight and then going out to dinner. Tomorrow morning Nate has a school event, so I'm planning on hitting the 90 minute ashtanga yoga class, and then am trying to sneak in a run with Tiffany before the kids have a late afternoon birthday party. I'm incredibly sore from boxing yesterday, nothing works your back out quite like a heavy bag when you are wearing 16 oz. gloves.....but all in all I have zero complaints after 4 straight days of decent mileage (13.1, 6, 7, 10.5). My body is holding up well, and my aches and pains are few, despite the mileage increase of the past three months or so. I can't get over the quantity of food that I'm taking in ~ my lunches are like 2 hour long epic adventures through the fridge.
With temps in the 80's for the next few days it's going to mean great running weather, and I hope to get in one, maybe two runs.

I know that rest has it's place, but sometimes you just have to go with your gut, too. Right now my gut is telling me that my body and mind want to get in all that I can, knowing that Nate is away for a straight week next week. Its time to make hay while the sun shines, literally.

We signed up for the Dub C 4 miler ~ this year it is on my birthday, which is fun. I think that a big group of us are going to run it and then go out for some revelry in WC. Its a hilly, tough run, and last year it was 90+ degrees.......hoping for cooler weather this year! Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

  1. Ugh on the hilly runs pushing the stroller. I don't see how you get in all that mileage without much rest in-between. I would be dying, lol.

    What's the Dub C 4 miler?

    By the way, I don't know if you ever read my boring Running Blog or not, lol, but I ran in a 5K race today and did pretty good, set a new PR. It's a start, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Mary! The Dub C is just a 4 mile race, that we did last year and was fun. Its a very hilly course, so it's tough. Can you link me to your blog? didn't know that you had one! Congrats on a new PR, that is fantastic and I hope you are so proud tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Melissa. Here's the link to my Blog: http://back-to-5k.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts