Are YOU running today?






“There is a restless place inside me, and if I don’t intentionally access and relieve it, it groans at me, distracting me. There are too many thoughts in my head, too many feelings in my heart, too many things I want to do and say—and if I’m not careful, I can get overwhelmed with myself. Running restores my equilibrium, quiets the noise within, reprioritizes my list, repairs my state of gratitude, and returns me to myself, but a version, nice and roomy in my own skin.”

–Kristin Armstrong, ‘Mile Markers


Where you going? How far? How fast? With who??? What is your goal? Tell me you are going to achieve it. Make me smile.

Today is my big boys 5 year old party at school (his birthday is monday) and my husband took the day off so we get to go to it together! I'm running this afternoon at a beautiful park near us with a good friend......through sparkly fields with a dusting of snow.........and I'm grateful for this beautiful morning and all that the day holds. Tell me what YOU are grateful for today.

Edited to say that we had a wonderful 9 mile run before the snow started. I can't stress enough how enjoyable running with a friend is. The miles just fly by as you chat, there is no healthier way to catch up with and spend time with a friend.

I'm getting to the point in my running where I want to see how far I can really go. I'm considering planning a long run for next sunday ~ see if I can top 15 or 16 miles. Why not, right?

Comments

  1. I ran yesterday, and I have to have a rest day in between - old knee injury.

    Tomorrow my goal is to make it past 5 miles and maybe even get to 6 miles. I am still working my way up on mileage and down on speed.

    This morning, I am in a post birthday bubble and just can't get over my amazing family. I am trying to keep that feeling in my heart all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was strength for me. I rocked it. ;) Hope the birthday party was a blast. I still can't believe how fast 5 years have flown by. I swear I can see a picture of my tiny one and be instantly taken back to those days of living life in 3 hour blocks. And now they are signing up for kindergarten? Blink of an eye, but what a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job to both of you Adrianne and Karly. And Happy post birthday, A :) I swear running has increased my "bubble" of gratitude ~ I feel so much more in love with my kids and so much better equipped to deal with the noise and chaos after a long, quiet, soul cleansing run :)

    Karly, I register Luke on Feb 23rd and I get a little teary every time I think about it. Wild stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turning 5 and going to Kindergarten is a big deal! There's something about going to a "real school" (not a preschool) 5 days a week, having homework, forming new friendships, and all the other wonderful things that comes with Kindergarten, really makes them an official big kid-and sets them apart from younger siblings in a different way than other transitions. It's been a fabulous year for us, and I hope it is for you and Luke too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts