Luck. Or stupidity. Or whatever.



Smiling at my kids as I ran by (it was a two lap race)


So I did it! I set a new 5K PR. BUT, I didn't realize it until hours later. I finished at 22:20 (unofficially, that is just what the clock said when I crossed, results are not posted yet). For some reason I thought, fervently, that my PR at that distance was 21 something. I was slightly disappointed but between the cold, the 14 miles on Thursday, and the weird gigantic lunch I ate at 11 following my meditation class (which put me to sleep) I was happy with the results.

Hours later, out of curiosity, I looked up last May's race. There I was. 14th. At 22:37.

Which means that todays 22:20 (unofficially) was a new PR by 15 seconds!

It was coldish (40) and way windier than I had expected, but it was so much fun to be out there. I was so proud of my kids, running their 200 yard dash and ever so proudly receiving their medals. It was so fun to have my best friend and her husband running with me, to have my kids run before me and greet me at the finish line, and to have some post race libations at Kildares who sponsored the race.

A great day. Heres to hoping for a great Superbowl, tonight. Cheers. (I hate both teams, but have to root for the Giants due to NFC East loyalty. It pains me).

ETA: THe official results just got posted and they have me at 22:48. Strange. It was not a chip timed race as it was so small, but I started right up near the front, so there is no way I started 28 seconds behind making up for the difference. I know what the clock said when I crossed, but feel like I have to go with their official time as my time......so no real true PR this time, I guess ;) Next time, maybe.

Comments

  1. Look at you, looking happy and strong. (Rocking the tunes?) Congrats on the PR, my friend. xo

    (Love to the littles as well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of either Superbowl team either. But I am fan of good food after a hard run. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever - I think that chick who butted in line in the corral by the finish line had the 22:48 and you kicked her a$$ with 22:20.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts