I'm IN!

Jeannie, I apologize in advance for using a photo of you on my blog (though.....now that I think about it this is the second time? Forgive me? Or if not tell me so I can take it down and put up an awesome picture of me dancing. Cause we all know I rock the dance floor like I rock the mic). I'm wearing that stupid ill fitting shirt because I totally didn't register in time, and ended up considering going all Tanya whoever tire iron on someone, but then ended up scoring a free entry through some essay contest where I talked about how Jake's birth inspired me to run. Got some free gift cards, aforementioned ill fitting shirt, and a free entry into the run that made me fall in love with running. Good deal.


Anyway. I GOT IN! So did Jeannie, and Dee, and Tiffany, and Jenny, and Kate, and Chrissy, and Brian and.........well 30,000 other people. It took me an HOUR of manic "refreshing" and patience (I'm allergic to patience and almost needed benadryl). This race sold out in 5 HOURS. 5 HOURS. That is some crazy shit, right there.

This is the largest 10 mile race in the US. 30,000 people run straight down Broad Street, bisecting Philadelphia. It's very Rocky, all of it. This was my first "real" race last year, and I am already slightly giddy thinking about doing it again this year. This year I won't worry as much about people pointing at me and laughing saying "THAT GIRL THINKS SHE IS A RUNNER WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE HAAAAAAAHAHAHHA". You know why? Because everyone out there is happy, and excited, and rooting for every one else. Talk about community ~ get 30,000 people running down Broad St, through all sorts of neighborhoods, seeing smiling faces of every color and age and lifestyle out there rooting for you and you simply can't help but feel good!

I had a fantastic jaunt today on a drizzly grey 40 degree day ~ I felt so happy to be alive, so happy to be out of yesterdays mini pity party funk, and so glad for a body that helps solve my mental crises and friends who do the same. Thanks to Dee (my old friend/new runner who just crushed 6 miles for the first time ever~ GO DEE!!!!) I found a great great new running trail. Lookout, HM, I'm going to be all OVER you. Today I got to even combine my two greatest non family passions as I got to RUN through a GOLF course. I was like a pig in shit. Only it was goose shit, and I'm not a pig. What a day.



Comments

  1. Yay for being in! Wow, sold out in 5 hours? I can just imagine how excited you are to run this race, I can almost feel it myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, of course you can use my photos! If I ever update my blog more than 1x every few months, I'll do it to you too!

    For the record, you ROCKED last year's Broad Street. You ran a sub-9 pace with me for the first 7, chatting away, then left me in the dust (with my gratitude, as I huffed along) and finished the last 3 in like 2 minutes flat. Love you and can't wait to pre-game and post-race with you..., and eat your dust during the race. I'm slow but steady, you're freaking fast. enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting in...wow, 5 hours?! The half I am doing this spring sold out in a similar amount of time, but it's nowhere on the scale of that race. I remember how awesome it was for you last year and am excited for you do experience that again.

    Thanks for kicking my ass to get my run on today...my mood and my legs needed some stretching. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts