A long one to end the week.

A gorgeous, two part run. My schedule is simply insane with the way this week has unfolded, but I was desperate to get in at least 12 today. I knew that Jake would not last that long in the stroller, so I devised a strange plan. After I dropped the kids off at school I ran a quick few errands, then took Jake to kids zone. He ran around wearing himself out, while I ran 7 in 60 minutes flat. I then scooped him up and we drove straight to EG park, where we got in 5 VERY windy miles ~ pushing a stroller up a hill in the face of a howling wind is like trying to steer a sailboat against the wind. Hard. We even off roaded it a bit down this lovely little trail. I don't know what "serious" runners would say about a 12.5 run with a 15 minute break in between ~ would they count it as two runs, or one? Since I'm not a serious runner I take certain liberties, one of them being my bizarre schedule and three young kids enabling me to call a split up a run with a 15 minute break into one run. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

I had a hard week emotionally ~ nostalgic over birthdays and missing my husband.....but today I have a new attitude ~ am excited to see him at his school tonight as we enjoy family night ~ and ready to tackle all that lies before us. Change is always a little tumultuous to me.....I tend to be an anxious person and change (or the prospect of it) usually sends me into a bit of a tizzy. I think, and hope, that I am untizzyfied as of today.

Are you running today? Where? What is your weather like? How did it go? Spill. Happy friday to every runner out there ~ what better way to celebrate the weeks end than by celebrating your body and your health. Cheers!

Comments

  1. It counts as 12 - that's how I roll anyway :) It's total "feet" time that matters, not consecutive minutes at that point (unless you're trying to break records - which, with you, I believe is entirely possible!). I ran Weds around campus/town, yoga tonight and looking to get some good miles in on the treadmill. **sigh** the treadmill.... necessary evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melis we NEED to get a run on the calendar. ANYTIME. I can do MWF mornings if the weather is decent (will be pushing Jake) or every other sat around 1 or any sunday around 1. Will run anywhere! I've recently discovered a great loop around Hersheys mill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts