Cross Training


Today was a cross train day. I got in 40 minutes of stairs. That equates to about 3.9 miles of stairs at the level I was using. I love stairs because they are the one workout I can do while reading (I hate the elliptical with the fire of a thousand suns and find it a waste of time from a working out perspective). After that I had bootcamp ~ Tabata style. Today was a great arm workout, mostly utilizing body weight but incorporating some lifting as well. We did 20 minutes of sprint jog training, which killed me as my quads were burning from the stairs. Tomorrow is a long run day, which I am going to try to split into two runs. I'm planning to run with the stroller in the AM while the kids are in school and then complete my run late afternoon on the treadmill. My goal is to get in 13, Jake dependent and however the splits work out.

Do you cross train? What do you do? How often?

Comments

  1. I have been cross training a fair amount this winter. My goal has been to build strength and stability to help with my running. I actually workout 6-7 days a week because I can throw in a quick bike ride or a 30 min strength set in between the rest of life (since they don't require child care). I also used to feel the same way as you about the elliptical, but have recently made peace with it and am doing hour long hill workouts at a high resistance. This is actually a good way for me to get a semblance of hill training in because my regular running course is flat and I don't have time to drive and run this time of year. I am actually enjoying mixing it up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts