A day of rest


Should always include bangers and mash ~ and hard cider for breakfast. For Jake, my little Irish/Italian wonder, it was bangers and mash. For me, eggs benedict and cider. Its a real sign that the kids are growing up that they can wait till 10 AM to eat brunch. Love The Whip. Love Rugby. Love the game we watched today, though hate that France tied Ireland.

Today, we rest. In front of the fire. Sleeping the afternoon away. You don't ever really appreciate rest if you don't ever exert yourself. I can say that hard work leads to an entirely higher level of contentment when rest is involved. If you want to know what true contentment is, work your ass off for 6 days.......then take a nap. Or two. Its heavenly.

Comments

  1. Your day sounds luxurious! And well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, it was! I even got to sneak a little haircut/pampering into my day. I miss Nate so much lately that when I get him to myself for an entire day it's like a party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that! Rest is definitely heavenly when you work so hard beforehand. Yay for a good rest day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts