An early, hilly 10

I met Tiffany at 8:30 instead of 9 as the forecast was calling for rain at 10. We got in 10 lovely, chatty, and hilly miles around Hershey's Mill and finished just as the first raindrops were falling on us. I can't stress enough the benefit of running partners, no matter the pace, they are talkative, enjoyable runs, and I woke up excited to know that I was meeting a friend. I savored the time alone. I was worried that my legs would feel heavy after yesterdays run, but I felt great after that first two miles. I really, REALLY love my calf sleeves. I don't know if it is placebo effect or real, but my legs feel great and my shins have stopped hurting since wearing them regularly.

Running has put me back in touch with nature.....I feel like I have been uniquely aware of every change to the landscape that Spring is bringing........from the budding of the trees, to the greening of the grass, to the birds serenading me, to the full blown cherry and dogwood trees, I feel like I am noticing the nuances of change that I miss when just playing in the yard or driving around. I love it.

Tomorrow Nate has to study, so I'm planning on taking the kids to the gym ~ but for another whirlpool/sauna/steam/shower day for me. I really enjoyed it last week, and feel that it is a perfect way to let Nate have quiet to study, the kids to have fun with their friends, and me to have a day to nurture my body as I rest and heal it. I'm hoping to maybe get in 5 with a friend tomorrow afternoon during naptime, which would put my weekly mileage at 46, which I think would be a new record for me. If I don't get the run in, thats okay too, as I will look forward to my Monday morning yoga class.

This week has been peaceful for me, mentally. The weather made the kids easy as we played outside every day, i caught a FANTASTIC 2 hour nap today after cleaning the whole upstairs while Nate had the kids at the gym, and all feels right in my world. For an anxious and highly charged person like me, running is medicinal.

I will say that reading Born to Run has me considering my shoes, and while I have no interest in being a barefoot runner, I am very much considering going to minimalist shoes.

A happy, happy Saturday. Now, to March Madness :)

Comments

  1. I must have just missed you in HM on Saturday AM. I finished my run just as the rain drops started. Albeit not 10 but still chugging along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've considered minimalist shoes, too, but then thought about the fact that back when they ran barefoot a lot, they didn't have pavement or concrete. lol. I will be watching to see how they do for you, though, if you decide to try them.

    By the way, just have to say again how much I love reading your Blog posts. They are such an easy read and I never get bored of them. You have a natural talent as a writer - they inspire and encourage me often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary, that is really nice of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts