Insanity workout.

Today was my insanity workout day. 8.2 with 6 repeats of hill sprints before dawn, 45 minutes of stairs, and a 60 minute HIIT class. I don't know if I can get a workout in tomorrow due to Julia's birthday party at school (unless I try for another 5 am run.....but after a likely late night at book club tonight the prospects are weak) so I decided to go big today. After a light weekend I needed it.

I had some yogurt and coffee before the morning run, then some turkey and cheese before setting out to the gym. I came home STARVING and luckily had spinach with cannelloni beans, brussel sprouts, grilled chicken and good cheese all on hand thanks to leftovers. Workouts like that leave your body simply craving protein and nutrients in ways I've rarely felt before. It was a great day, I feel exhausted but as though I was able to give myself just what I needed this morning. Off with the kids for our first day of spring free Rita's this afternoon! Happy Spring, everyone!

Comments

  1. I am exhausted just hearing about all that. Good for you! Hope the rest of your day was less insane. Smart to have all that great recovery food on hand. I find myself eating avocado like it's going out of style. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a workout. Your athletic prowess intimidates me, lol. I just started the IronStrength workout tonight (which you can find on Runnersworld.com) and it made me realize just how out of shape I am compared to where I need to be. I decided it was too hard to even do all the reps of the beginner's version, GAH, but I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PS: Now I know what a Burpee is. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts