Naps.

The blinds are drawn and the windows are open and a quiet breeze is coming in. My room is dark, my duvet clean and soft. My tempurpedic is heavenly welcoming and supportive to my tired body. I just put the three kids to bed. I got in 11 lovely miles on the treadmill this morning, a quickie shower while the kids colored, threw on sweatpants as we have good friends coming over this afternoon to play and eat dinner with us (good friends are the ones you can wear your pajamas in front of, for the record)........and I'm shutting off all technology and getting in a 2 hour nap. I know that life won't always allow such indulgences, but while it does I fully intend to capitalize on them.

I love naps. I love well earned naps all the more. And I am addicted, fully addicted to a new local handmade brand of almond butter. I'm putting it on everything. Its a little obscene.

Comments

Popular Posts