Those down days.




I was seriously lacking motivation today after waiting in a parking lot with three little kids to sell a concert ticket to some jerkface who never showed up. My routine was off, and nothing bothers me more than having my routine being thrown off (or being out $200). I got to the gym too late to do my normal cross training routine of stairs before bootcamp, so went straight to bootcamp. The outdoor portion was rough as it included a lot of steep hill climbs and the wind was howling. Luckily a little exertion changed my spirits and I got on the stairs for 45 minutes after the workout. I'm reading a great book, Life is so Good and I thoroughly recommend it. It reminds me of how overly complicated I can make things which are really so simple, and gave me a good gratitude check.

We had a lovely dinner out as a family, and I'm settling in for a nice night with my husband before he is off to school tomorrow bright and early. I have to run a ton of errands in the morning, but hope to get in 10 to 12 on the treadmill tomorrow afternoon before enjoying an evening with my friend Laura and the kids. Life is so good.

Comments

Popular Posts