Spring spinach is in!

So game on.

I was so torn this morning, it was ridiculously lovely out, I had to food shop, no one could check Jake into Kids Zone for me, and I was nervous about him getting antsy in the stroller......I resigned myself to as much mileage as I could get on the treadmill. I loaded the kids in the car for school and literally could not stand it ~ ran inside, changed my shirt, and after drop off headed to the park. Got in a lovely perfect 10.5 in time to pick up the kids, Jake had a beautiful nap in the shaded stroller with a warm breeze, and I got to foodshop with handsome Jake while the bigs napped. We spent the afternoon at the park, and then had a fantastic dinner with the family and friends at Four Dogs Tavern.

I've come to the inescapable conclusion that I am built for endurance, not speed. At mile 9 I felt much, much stronger and more comfortable then I did at mile 2. I fantasize about a day where I'm running without the stroller and without time constraints, to just GO, and to see how far my body wants to take it. The hills that felt torturous and stole my breath in the first two miles were simply a matter of course late in my run ~ the further I go the more comfortable I feel. This is good to know. My times pick up as I run, and I feel settled into my body and my stride and just feel like I am going with the flow, not fighting it or struggling. I understand the runners high, I understand it well.

I'm slated for a 9 am run with a friend, though the forecast calls for chillier temps and thunderstorms. I guess we will see.

In other news, local spring spinach is in at the farmers market, making the above dish a staple. Lots of garlic, spinach and any sort of white bean.....and I can't get enough. Spring is really here. My body is rejoicing.

Comments

  1. I understand on a much lower level about getting in the groove, I've experienced it for very brief periods a couple of times. The spinach with beans (chick peas, right?) looks yummy. Will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts