Thought patterns

Do you have weird ones when you run? I have noticed that I do.

Today I ran 9.75 ~ fairly quickly considering the hills and some wind, and some HEAT! What a WEIRD thing to complain about in March! It was about 62 when I got out of the car at 9:40 and about 71 when I got back in it at 11:05.

I have realized how weird my thoughts are while running. Today reminded me of it when it roughly 7.5 miles I had to run literally right PAST my car, at around 10:46, knowing that I had to be at the gym to pick up my third kid, then at school to pick up the first two, in a timely fashion. I was timing the "loop", which is almost exactly 2.25 according to mapmyrun, to about 18 minutes. It is a hilly loop. A bitch of a loop. As I ran by my car (where my water was) I started to think about how weird I (and maybe all runners? are). I'm sure we all have our own run thoughts, but these are some of mine, as brought to light today.

A snippet of todays soundtrack:

Turn the music down. Older people occasionally don't drive well. 27 is a very random speed limit. Why 27? Is that a joke. Hahahaha. Maybe it's not a joke? Maybe they voted and that was the mean? or the average? or is the mean the average? or the median? That dude giving me mad hate eyes was going 40. I'm running like 7. Eff him. I should tell. Why do so many old people speed? Do other young people sneak in here in their cars? They are giving me dirty looks. They hate me. Maybe I can be a trophy wife. Snap, I'm happily married. But that Camaro was so hot, going 27. It was. You know it was. You don't have to pee you don't have to pee, okay, you really, really have to pee. Don't pee there, don't pee there, don't pee there.....this is an over 55 community even when you think you are safe SOMEONE is watching...... Curb, DOG, CURB. CURB YOUR STUPID DOG! Stay off the golf cart paths, today, Melissa, you jerk. You would be so angry at some runner RUNNING on your course while you were playing. Do the pond twice. Do the pond TWICE. Goose shit. Goose shit. Step right in it or dodge it? Too much to dodge. I can feel it wedged in my shoe. I can feel it. Feel it. In my shoe. Its effing hot. Sweat is so salty. My face is burning off. Melasma coming back fo SURE. 5 miles in, the rest is downhill! The rest is HOME! Find the loop, where is that GD loop, I need to find the loop at about 6.5. Turtles. Peepers, Love peepers. Turn the music down, if you can't hear yourself breathing you aren't pushing it. Don't look at the car. Don't. Look at the path. The car isn't there. Flat surfaces are actually downhill. Run down/the/hill. Hills are sprints, run/up/the/hill. Recover on the way down. Recover on the flat. Recover in the car.

So, there you go. And you can bet that when that whole " love song baby" or whatever it is called (this song seems to be my perfect stride) hits me just as I was pushing killer hill, and then "no rain" hit me on the downhill leg of my fast last "loop", (which is about 3/4 mile downhillish, 3/4 mile nasty hill, and whateverfractionleft of flatish with hill)......I felt happy.

Do you think weird thoughts?

Comments

  1. Right there with you. I figure all the weird thoughts are getting out of my head, and I won't have to express them to those I love. :)

    As for the 27 mph speed limit - it makes people pay attention, just like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I have all kinds of random thoughts while running. Glad I'm not the only one. And I agree with Adrianne on the 27mph thing. Totally to get drivers' attention. WTG on the 9.75! It is so hard for me to imagine running that far right now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome you even thought to blog about weird thoughts! Laughed so hard. When I do run, my thoughts focus on just talking myself into getting to the finish. However, when I swim, I think very weird thoughts. Probably much like your running thoughts. I even panicked once because a flock of geese flew over the pool (honking that horrible honk) and I wondered how I would know if one of them shit on me? I hate goose shit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts